Monday, October 29, 2007

Moving Forward

As most of you know, we are back in our house, which was untouched by the recent fires. Thank you all for the good thoughts sent our way. And now we all have to send more good thoughts and other forms of help to the many who will have a much bigger task of putting their homes and lives back together.

Moving on, we are going to a Bruce Springsteen concert tonight, which is sure to lift our spirits. I can't wait!!

It is almost time for the La Jolla Writers Conference. I am teaching a LOT of classes. I better figure our what I'm going to say, don't you think? That will be my focus for this week. Looking forward to seeing some of you at the conference.

2 comments:

Julie Kibler said...

Man, I wish I were going to be there this year! That was one of the best weekends of my life. Alas, college tuition won the battle of the budget this year. Perhaps next...

Julie Kibler said...

Oh, and I am so glad your home was spared, and so sorry for those who suffered such devastation.