Wednesday, May 30, 2007


Welcome to my new blog, which explores the intersection of intuition and creativity. That sounds pretty fancy doesn't it? Yeah, I thought so. We'll see if that's the way it turns out, because if I follow my intuition as I blog, who knows where we'll end up?

Right now, I am working on several things at once, of course. I'm finishing a new novel, working with other writers on developing their writing, and I'm about to teach a 6-week course here in San Diego.

A few years ago, at a daunting juncture in my writing life, I decided I needed career help. So what did I do to reboot? Enroll in an MFA program? Not me. Hire a coach? Nope. Ask my elders for sage advice? Nah! I decided to develop my intuition. My reasoning was that if I had stronger intuition, I could figure what to do next. You know what? It worked! So I'm going to use this blog to tell you what I've found out, and I hope to hear what you have to say too.

No comments: