Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Hiatus


I had a short hiatus while my friend was reading my novel, and I made this purse out of some old jeans. I got the basic pattern here. But I added pockets inside and out; used batting; reversed the back, so it was lining-side out; and used denim, instead of corduroy. The back is the best part.


You can't see it here, but I took all the stitching out of the pocket and replaced it with pink stitching.

Now if any artists and/or crafters happen to drop by here, just remember as you look at this that I am writer. Oh, and that reminds me, I need to get to my revisions. I'll just read something good to get in the mood.

1 comment:

Julie Kibler said...

Your purse is so cute!! Even as a writer, you did a fabulous job. ;-)

I've got a short story I'm considering submitting to Glimmer Train, so maybe your picture is a sign I'm supposed to do that!